Contact...

8.02.2009

Myspace message: "Sorry, the video you're trying to access is not available in your country."

Beth Ditto and friends, thou hast let me downth. Youtube, however, didn't. Balloon fetishists rejoice! (yes, there is such a thing, just don't ask me how I know this)

I do have to admit that the album as a whole did not quite sink in at first listen. Nevertheless I valiantly soldiered on, fuelled by raving reviews from close friends whose musical taste I have the utmost respect. It has now really grown on me. Far more cohesive and with a steadier direction than Standing in the way of control, that being rocking your socks off with electro tainted guitar licks and drum punches.

The reason? Two words: Rick Rubin.




Gossip - Love Long Distance
web gossipyouth
emospace gossipband
label Columbia Records

No comments: