Contact...

2.24.2009

Attention all Weddoes out there // David Gedge is on your internets and he's coveting your girlfriends

It seems that no matter how hard I try, I'm still catching up from great stuff released last year... This time around, it's The Wedding Present. Remember when the Smiths broke up? (it's a rethorical question, I know I'm only twenty something going hard on thirty, so bear with me ok?!?!) This was apparently what everyone turned to. Not quite the same, true, but close enough! Yeah, this is an official video by The Wedding Present and yeah, twenty years have past since George Best and yeah, they sound like they did back then and yeah, I FUCKING LOVE IT; nevermind the seriousness of Take Fountain, it's full on raging toung-in-cheek fun from the Bizarro album - as it should be - and I for one won't be running for the older stuff. There is no time to navelgaze the past here through nostalgia gazed spectacles: this stand on it's own.


The Wedding Present - The Thing I LIke Best About Him Is His Girlfriend
web scopitones
myspace theweddingpresent
label Manifesto (US) // Vibrant (UK)

7 comments:

P.A. said...

People went from The Smiths to this?! No wonder Morrissey continued miserable!!!

Graven said...

Morrissey? She doesn't have the range darling!

P.A. said...

How about I squeeze your nuts to see if you have the range!
Dissing Mrs. M like that... you should be ashame of yourself!!!

Graven said...

Using Miss Morrissey as an excuse to cop a feel. She would be so proud...

P.A. said...

Ahhhh, dear Graven... you know me so well!

AstroBoy™ said...

uuuuh

Graven said...

Ok, now who left this window open dammmit? :(

*closes window*